In 2012, the Wythe County Board of Supervisors adopted a new ordinance regarding motor vehicle license fees and county decals. Below you will find the facts regarding the new process:
1. For calendar year 2013, the Board of Supervisors elected to keep motor vehicle decals in place. These decals will expire on December 31, 2013. This year’s county decals were sold at a reduced price, as they were set to expire at the end of the year.
2. In place of windshield decals, the county enacted a motor vehicle license fee. For calendar year 2014, the license fee will be assessed only upon all registered vehicles and will be shown on the personal property bill due by December 5, 2013.
3. For calendar year 2015, the fee will be assessed upon all vehicles “registered or titled upon the records of the Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles…”
4. The license fee amount shall be $20.00 “for each and every automobile, passenger vehicle, and bus;”
$10.00 for “each and every motorcycle, motor scooter, or motor bike…”
$20.00 for “each and every truck, semi-trailer, ambulance and other similar vehicles…”
The license fee for trailers will be $10.00.
5. No county license fee shall be imposed upon antique motor vehicles for which antique license plates have been issued by the Virginia DMV.
6. Residents of the Town of Wytheville and Town of Rural Retreat are not subject to any of the above listed points.
Click LIKE to share this article with your friends on Facebook!