Take practical steps to keep you and your loved ones safe during a power outage.
* Stay away from all downed lines or sparking equipment, and keep children and pets away from fallen lines and anything the lines may touch.
* Never remove debris that’s within 10 feet of a power line.
* Unplug major appliances to protect them when power comes back on.
* Leave a light turned on so you know when power is restored.
* Refuel heaters, lamps, and generators outside, and stay away from any flames or sparks. Wipe up fuel spills immediately.
* Let AEP know if you’re using a generator – this protects you and their line workers as they work to restore power.
* Never operate lanterns, heaters, or fuel-fired stoves without proper ventilation.
* Never burn charcoal indoors. It releases poisonous carbon monoxide.
* Do not let children carry candles or oil lamps.
Click LIKE to share this Article With Your Friends on Facebook!