WYTHEVILLE, Va. – The Wythe County Treasurer’s Office would like to remind residents that taxes are due on December 5, 2019.
Officials would also like to remind citizens that there is not a tax deadline extension in place this year.
The Treasurer’s office will have extended hours Monday Dec. 2, thru Thursday Dec. 5. Extended office hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Wythe County Treasurer Lori Guynn said the tax deadline includes real estate, personal property, mobile home, machine and tools, merchant’s capital, and public service corporation taxes.
The Treasurer’s office is located in the old courthouse building.
Tax payers that have questions about items being taxed, the assessment or need adjustments should contact the Commissioner of the Revenue’s office at 276-223-6015.
According to Guynn, there are several payment options available for residents to take advantage of when paying their taxes.
- 24-Hour Drop Box: Using the envelope enclosed with the tax bill, a check or money order may be placed in the 24 hour Treasurer’s Office drop box located beside the Circuit Court Building on South Sixth Street. *Do not put cash in the drop box. Payments are considered on time if deposited in the payment box by midnight on the due date.
- In Person: Residents may pay by cash, check, money order, credit/debit card (only MasterCard and Visa are accepted). Make payments payable to: Treasurer of Wythe County.
- By Mail: Using the envelope with the tax bill, mail check or money order to the Treasurer’s Office. Please make payments payable to: Treasurer of Wythe County. Please do not mail cash or credit card information. All mail postmarked on or before December 5 are considered timely payments by the Treasurer’s Office.
- By Phone: Call the Treasurer’s Office at 276-223-6070 Monday through Friday during business hours to pay by credit/debit card (Master and Visa only).
- Online: Credit/debit card and e-check payments may be made online at www.webfeepay.com. A convenience fee of 2.75 percent of the transaction amount will be charged by the card provider. Your account number is required. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted. Payments made by e-check will incur a $3 fee.
Penalties on late taxes are a one-time 5 percent penalty based on the amount due and interest begins to accrue at an annual rate of 10 percent. If taxpayers are unable to pay full amount by the due date payments may be made until the bill is paid in full.
Officials ask your patience when calling or coming into the office closer to the tax deadline as the office will be very busy.
Additionally, Wythe County offices will be closed for Thanksgiving from noon on November 27 through November 29, 2019.