SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
One full time School Resource Officer position.
Salary $31,009.00 plus benefits.
Duties shall consist of, but are not limited to serving as a SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER under the COPS in Schools Initiative. Foster a relationship of trust, mutual respect and understanding to promote a safe school community. Serve as a positive role model in and out of the school environment. Effectively utilize timely communication coordination. Required to use crime prevention strategies such as providing information about student conflicts, crime trends, and situations that may cause disorder in school environment or community. General responsibilities necessary for the safety and good order of school and community. Knowledge of school and community support resources available to students. Also serve as a liaison between available support services. Responsible for identifying criminal offenders and criminal activity. When appropriate, will participate in any subsequent court proceedings.
• A current certification in Law Enforcement from the Department of Criminal Justice Services preferred.
• Must be able to successfully perform department physical assessment.
• Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation and drug screening.
• Must have high school diploma or GED.
• Must have valid Virginia Operators License.
The Wythe County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications are available on the Wythe County website and can also be requested at the Wythe County Sheriff’s Office, Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Application deadline is February 15, 2019, at 4:00 p.m.