WYTHE COUNTY APPROVES TAX EXTENSION TO DECEMBER 28
WYTHEVILLE, Va. – The Wythe County Board of Supervisors recently voted to place an extension on the county’s real estate and personal property tax due date. The extension takes the date up to Friday, December 28, 2018 at 6 p.m. The original tax due date was December 5, 2018.
As a part of the extension, the Treasurer’s Office will be offering extended hours which are as follows: Saturday, December 1 from 8:30 a.m. to noon. The Treasurer’s Office will also be open until 6 p.m. on December 5, 26, 27 and 28. The normal operating hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
According to Wythe County Treasurer Lori Guynn, there are several payment options available for residents to take advantage of when paying their taxes.
• 24-Hour Drop Box: Using the enclosed envelope, a check or money order may be placed in the 24 hour Treasurer’s Office drop box located beside the Circuit Court Building on South Sixth Street. *Please do not put cash in the drop box. Payments are considered on time if deposited in the payment box by midnight on the due date.
• In Person: Regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. There are several options for residents to pay which include cash, check, money order, credit/debit card (only MasterCard and Visa are accepted). Make payments payable to: Treasurer of Wythe County.
• By Mail: Using the enclosed envelope, mail check or money order to the Treasurer’s Office. Please make payments payable to: Treasurer of Wythe County. Please do not mail cash or credit card information. All mail postmarked by December 28 or earlier are considered timely payments by the Treasurer’s Office.
• By Phone: Call the Treasurer’s Office at 276-223-6070 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. to pay by credit/debit card (Master and Visa only).
• Online: Credit/debit card and e-check payments may be made online at www.webfeepay.com. A convenience fee of 2.75 percent of the transaction amount will be charged by the card provider. Your account number is required. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted. Payments will incur a $3 fee.
Additionally, Wythe County offices will be closed for Thanksgiving from noon on November 21 through November 23, 2018. Wythe County offices will also be closed for the Christmas Holiday on December 24 and 25.
If you would like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview with Wythe County officials, please call Blake Stowers at 276-223-4522 or email Blake at [email protected]